Users holding WFLR (Wrapped FLR) can now start claiming FlareDrop.02. The blockchain network released an official tweet to inform its users.
According to the tweet, users can connect their wallets to the Flare Portal for FlareDrop.02. Alternatively, users can also set up auto-claiming to earn the tokens. Besides this, the blockchain also issued a complete guide to help users complete the claiming process.
FlareDrop.02 will involve a series of 36 monthly airdrops, including 24.2 billion FLR. Active Flare users can claim the tokens with wrapped Flare tokens. Here is a quick overview of what the eligibility criteria look like for the airdrop:
- A wallet will be eligible only if it has held WFLR for over 23 days before claiming. These 23 days are the Holdings calculation period.
- The network will choose three random blocks during the 23 days to calculate the average holding of every wallet.
- The tokens a user can claim will be based on the relative share of WFLRs in circulation.
- No Flare-related employee, founder, or entity can use the token allocation to claim a part of the FlareDrop.
As for the claiming process, Flare has also posted some ways to do so:
- Users can claim the tokens via the Flare Portal by connecting a wallet holding WFLR during the calculation period.
- Flare has added a native functionality to Bifrost Wallet to claim FlareDrops.
- Users can also set up auto-claiming to ensure the tokens are instantly claimed for a fee.
- The option to claim the tokens by interacting with the smart contracts is also available.
With over 24,246,183,166 FLR in circulation, users can expect 36 FlareDrops to occur. The airdrop is already live and will take place every month. The network has also announced that it will burn off any unclaimed tokens after 67 days of every distribution. Given the popularity of Flare, the airdrop is expected to generate a massive buzz across the market.